[CentOS-devel] Query regarding contributing RPMs to CentOS Repo

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Nov 13 12:18:33 UTC 2015

On 13/11/15 10:53, ravulakollu.kumar at wipro.com wrote:
> We have a requirement to use kernel version 3.18.22  on top of CentOS7. We have created RPM package for Linux kernel 3.18.22 for our purpose. We would like
> to contribute the same to CentOS Repositories. My question is whether centos accepts contribution from others ?
> If so we would like to contribute our spec file and RPM.

There is a 4.x kernel already in the centos repos, it might be good to
visit that and contribute developer time towards maintaining that. If
you really want to push in a 3.18.x kernel, then what sort of a
maintenance and support cycle are you looking at ? and how do you plan
on executing that ?

We can likely find a place as an alternate CentOS Plus kernel, if there
is enough confidence in having a supported setup.

regards,

--
Karanbir Singh