[CentOS-devel] Q: method for kernel module debugging

Jonathan Billings

billings at negate.org
Sat Nov 7 14:24:33 UTC 2015

On Nov 7, 2015, at 4:03 AM, Ran Shalit <ranshalit at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am new with CentOs, and more familiar with small linux kernel Sdk.
> I would like to ask if it is possible to kernel debug ( and kernel
> module debug in particular) CentOs kernel module, and how ?
> I am using I7 Intel architrecture.

You can install the kernel-debug package with the same version of the kernel that you are debugging, it’ll contain a vmlinux built the same as the non-debug version, just with the debugging symbols included.

Are you interested in debugging a kernel crash core?  or use some of the kernel trace/probes to examine a running kernel?