[CentOS-devel] [Gluster-users] What Gluster versions would you like to see in the CentOS Storage SIG?

Niels de Vos

ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Nov 27 12:40:46 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 08:19:34AM -0800, Prasun Gera wrote:
> It would be nice to have RHGS's equivalent in CentOS, keeping with the
> general theme of CentOS. Any reason why that hasn't been considered ?

I do not know if this has been considered before I joined the Storage
Special Interest Group. The SIGs that are part of the CentOS Community
are free to provide newer packages from upstream projects, or even
projects that are not part of RHEL or its add-ons. A more complete
desctiption of what a SIG can provide/do is available on the CentOS wiki
at https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup .

The RHGS product tracks the upstream Gluster packages pretty close. I do
not think there is a need to provide a rebuild of the RHGS packages.
That said, if there is anyone interested in providing those, speak up
and join the Storage SIG!
  https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Storage

Thanks,
Niels