[CentOS-devel] getting better at user engagement / announcements

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Oct 1 15:36:23 UTC 2015

hi,

we've had the centos-announce list as the primary announcement format
for a long long time, pretty much as long as the project has exited.
We've also tried other means but the announce list has stayed the
primary format to get offiical news etc.

I'm wondering if we can do better, specially since we seem to have a
very small percentage of the userbase is in touch with us. How can we
better engage with the larger userbase out there ? facebook/twitter also
have their limitations, as do blogs.

is there something else out there that might help us do a better job of
getting news and security info out to users who are most impacted by
such issues ?

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh