[CentOS-devel] C7 i686 kernel driver request

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 14:37:20 UTC 2015

On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 8:19 AM, Peter <peter at pajamian.dhs.org> wrote:
> Is it beyond reason to request certain older drivers be enabled in the
> i686 kernel for CentOS 7 to help support the older hardware that you
> might find in 32 bit machines?  I have an old gateway laptop that I'm
> trying it out on and it needs the b43 driver enabled.

Is there any reason you can't grab the SRPM and, for the short term,
build it yourself using "mock" and the new testable i386 repo? Or, for
the short term, grab a USB/wifi device with an old, standard chipset
and just use that until this gets worked out? I've done both in the
past for older operating systems.