[CentOS-devel] Atomic-developer-bundle for inclusion in Atomic SIG

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Tue Oct 6 08:13:03 UTC 2015

On 10/01/2015 09:53 PM, Lalatendu Mohanty wrote:
> On 10/01/2015 05:53 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> On 24/09/15 18:17, Jason Brooks wrote:

I should have mentioned about the requirements I am looking from the SIG
in the original mail.  Here it is.

1. A dist git for building the Vagrant box. So that we do real build and
scratch builds. Scratch builds are temporary.
      a.  At this point of time dist gits will not have any packages
apart from core CentOS. But we cant rule out that we wont add packages
in future.
      b. We might build multiple Vagrant boxes.

2. A http location where the ADB Vagrant box maintainers would get write
access. So that we can do a regular releases. We will also reference
this location from https://atlas.hashicorp.com/atomicapp
     a. We will have a stable box and a testing box. So that community
can provide feedback on the cutting edge stuff.

Navid and Bex are interested building the box and co-maintain the
Vagrant box for CentOS community and the above requirement will help me
to add them as co-maintainers.

KB mentioned (in atomic SIG meeting) that the ADB box can be part of
Cloud Instance SIG [1] . It think the advantage will be that with Cloud
Instance SIG we can push the Vagrant box to different public cloud
providers. KB let me know if I am wrong.

However I think from the community/users point of view it should be part
of Atomic SIG as the target users are same as the Atomic SIG. Which will
help the ADB project to grow.

As of now I have access to scratch build the Vagrant box (thanks to
Atomic SIG). However I do not have access to a http location where I can
put the box. Also we don't not have dist git for the ADB Vagrant box.

Temporarily KB putting them on
http://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/vagrant/x86_64/images/  (thanks to KB)
. However I don't have write access  so I think this location will not
work out long term as the Vagrant box maintainers will not get write
access to cloud.centos.org.

[1] https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/CloudInstance

Thanks,
Lala