[CentOS-devel] [release] RDO Liberty released in CentOS Cloud SIG

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 19:30:07 UTC 2015

> Hi, Is it possible to upgrade from kilo to liberty?

Yes, but it's not just yum upgrade unfortunately.

> I'm getting this error when trying to install liberty on a CentOs 7 system
> that has kilo installed and all packages updated:
> Error: centos-release-openstack-liberty conflicts with
> centos-release-openstack-kilo-1-2.el7.noarch

That's intentional to prevent accidental code upgrades w/o
corresponding database and config file changes.
Please see https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2015-October/021432.html
posted last week as a preparation for Liberty release, which included
this notice about upgrades:
"Kilo to Liberty update process will require administrative actions,
for details see "Upgrade Notes" in upstream release notes
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes/Liberty"

We don't have RDO Kilo to Liberty specific instructions yet but to get
the idea what is involved and which upgrade options are available, you
can have a look at Lars' notes for Juno to Kilo in
http://people.redhat.com/~lkellogg/rhos7-upgrade-docs/

Cheers,
Alan