[CentOS-devel] Why release notes lacks CentOS-6.7 LiveCD Checksum

SZ Quadri sz at quadri.in
Sat Oct 24 15:40:14 UTC 2015

Thanks for the link. Won't it be a good idea to provide the link of LiveCD
release page from https://wiki.centos.org/Download so the user navigates to
the correct page if they are downloading a live image.

Above page only provides link for main distribution release notes.
Alternatively, a link from
https://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.7 page can also be
provided just in case the user is looking for LiveCD stuff.

Just suggesting; as I think it may be helpful to a lot of people.

On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 9:02 PM, Anssi Johansson <centos at miuku.net> wrote:

> 24.10.2015, 18.23, SZ Quadri kirjoitti:
>
>> Can someone kindly enlighten why CentOS-6.7-i386-LiveCD has been
>> excluded from the checksum provided on
>> https://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.7
>>
>> If you are providing it from all the download sources/mirrors; then
>> please include the checksum in the release page also so that one can
>> verify after downloading.
>>
>> I want to use 6.7 livecd on some old hardware and have no way to make
>> sure the image is safe to use.
>>
>> If possible kindly do consider adding sha256 checksum to the page.
>>

> The LiveCD/DVDs have their own release notes pages:
>
> https://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOSLiveCD6.7
> https://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOSLiveDVD6.7
>
> Those pages contain the sha256sums of the images. These release notes are
> mentioned in the 0_README.txt file that resides in the isos directory,
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6.7/isos/i386/0_README.txt

SZ Quadri
http://sz.quadri.in