[CentOS-devel] Request to join the Cloud Instance SIG for Microsoft Azure

Stephen Zarkos Stephen.Zarkos at microsoft.com
Mon Oct 26 22:44:34 UTC 2015

Hi All:

As requested, I would like to introduce myself as a representative of Microsoft Azure and request membership in the CentOS Cloud Instance SIG.  My formal goal in joining this group is of course to bring community-supported and high-quality CentOS images to Microsoft Azure.  At Microsoft I drive the technical collaboration with many of the various Linux distributions that exist in the Azure Gallery - which includes numerous efforts around image creation, testing and support of these images on Azure.  I hope to do the same with the CentOS community.

My group is also responsible for a few other key components that will be important for this effort, such as the device drivers for Hyper-V/Azure (which already ship with the CentOS kernel), the Azure Linux agent and various others.  We work closely with the upstream developers to ensure customers have a great experience running CentOS in Hyper-V/Azure virtualized environments.  Having official CentOS images I think will allow us to build and continue to improve on those efforts.

Looking forward to working with you all.  Please let me know if I should provide more details.

Thanks!
Steve