[CentOS-devel] getting better at user engagement / announcements

Sven Kieske

svenkieske at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 12:47:06 UTC 2015

On 01.10.2015 17:36, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> is there something else out there that might help us do a better job of
> getting news and security info out to users who are most impacted by
> such issues ?
>
> - KB

Hi,

maybe I'm a little bit of an old school user, but I would like news
and announcement on your main website: centos.org ;)

why not also put them there? I also like the announcement ML, but the
website could get it own news section for stuff like this.

regarding the idea to mail all forum users (I'm not one of them):

I don't think this is a good idea, as already said, it's spam if you
have no agreement from your users to send such mail.

kind regards

Sven