[CentOS-devel] CentOS-7 / powerpc LE bring up

James O'Connor jpoc at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Sep 23 16:53:47 UTC 2015

> On Sep 18, 2015, at 12:27 PM, James O'Connor <jpoc at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> As of last night, the minimal c7.01.01-ppc64le buildroot is complete and I’m untangling circular dependencies in the CentOS 7.1.1503 source rpms. I’ve built 700 of 2523 source packages so 27% complete with this first pass.
>
> Next, I’ll bootstrap java-1.7.0-openjdk and continue to loop through ppc64le rpm builds with mock. In the next 1-2 weeks, I should have 95+% of the source packages building for ppc64le. At which point we can create the first CentOS 7 ppc64le VMs and rebuild c7.01.02-ppc64le atop CentOS 7 instead of Fedora 21.

The latest CentOS 7 ppc64le tally is 1983 of 2523 source packages building or 78% complete. Hit a small snag with the atlas package not building that I didn’t run into before. Thinking it may be due to the single core on the Fedora 21 builder VM. Once atlas builds, the rest the source packages should fall into line in short order. java-1.7.0-openjdk is built as are most of the apache/jpackage/maven stack.