[CentOS-devel] CentOS distribution media ks/config files

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Apr 4 22:41:21 UTC 2016

On 04/04/16 21:34, Phil Wyett wrote:
> On Mon, 2016-04-04 at 12:10 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> On 02/04/16 19:39, Phil Wyett wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Could someone please point me to the official config and/or ks files
>>> used in the creation of the CentOS release media?
>>>
>>> Currently I looking at how these and the Fedora media are created. I am
>>> also looking into what appears to be bugs with the CentOS install when
>>> compared with RHEL.
>>
>> Do you have some bug numbers ?
>>

> Hi,
>
> I am still collating information for bug reports. I would at this time,
> like to produce media (in the same way the project does) that will allow
> me do further investigation into issues I see and may require
> clarification or bug reports.
>
> A current line of investigation is differences between CentOS 7 and RHEL
> 7 installs when selecting the same anaconda options.

which anaconda options ?

note that CentOS Linux is the sum of all code dropped with us, RHEL
content can vary based on your entitlements etc.

> Looking at firstboot. No real goal as yet.
>
> Why CentOS 7 doing gnome GUI based updates does not call for reboot
> after specific updates as RHEL 7 does.

the updated relies on updateinfo.xml that we dont publish at this time.
lack of that resources means that decision to reboot or not is left upto
the user to make.

--
Karanbir Singh