[CentOS-devel] Update on CentOS Container Pipeline

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Apr 4 23:16:06 UTC 2016

hi Guys,

We've made some progress on the Pipeline bringup. Highlights from the
last few days:

- Welcome Dharmit to the team, he's going to be contributing on the
testing side of things.

- We've got some baseline user stories written up, in the coming days
the aim is to try and get some acceptance criteria written up, following
which we will try and do some estimates and task allocations around
them. We'll then get these in front of a larger audience to see how
things map to expectations and what folks feel is the best priority
order to work on.

- Within our devel infra, we've established an idea of Project V/s Job.
Users will now have their built containers delivered as

- We've got a test instance up for pulp 2.8, that seems to meet all the
requirements of delivering both a v1 and v2 container format; although
we are likely only going to be looking at v2 from now onwards.

- We've started working on a deploy script that would allow us to run
managed deploy's and also help us move into a CD like setup, where we
can test / deploy often.

- Hardware to locate the first user facing version of the stack is now
in place, and we have the required firewall policy etc setup. In the
coming days, we will start doing some load testing and also start
working through the implementation plans for the user service.

Most of our effort is now focused on getting the content together to
have a user facing deployment up.

Regards
--
Karanbir Singh