[CentOS-devel] automating the epel downstreams for cbs

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Apr 13 07:01:43 UTC 2016

hi,

We've now got quite a few downstream rpms from EPEL being built and
managed in CBS. And it might be worth restarting the conversation around
automating part of the relationship.

As a cbs consumer, what makes the most sense ?

1) We fork EPEL completely, for all arch's into CBS, and just build
everything into a target at cbs, and let folks pick and tag into their
own targets as they see fit.

2) we setup a way to monitor EPEL changes, and notify folks who built a
package in cbs, that now has a newer version or an update in EPEL. this
can ( might need to ? ) be email based for now.

Having setup (1) and (2) we will still need a way to do (2) even if we
do (1).

thoughts ?

--
Karanbir Singh