[CentOS-devel] Vagrant CentOS 6 Boxes

Laurentiu Pancescu lpancescu at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 08:23:19 UTC 2016

On 4/15/16 7:58 PM, Ben Hosmer wrote:
> I tried it out. After a vagrant up I found the host directory seemed to be
> mounted in /home/vagrant/sync
>
> This is slightly counter to what most vagrant boxes do though where the
> hosts folder is found at /vagrant

Sorry, I should have mentioned that (I thought that everyone is an
existing user of the official centos/7 Vagrant images from Atlas, which
already behaved like this).  There's an older pull request in the
official repo, not yet accepted. [1]

I would also like the sync folder to become the Vagrant default; it is
confusing for new users, and annoying for people using the same
Vagrantfile with different distros.

> How are you building these? I've built CentOS6 and CentOS7 boxes before by
> hand but I'm wondering what your doing to automate them with CBS. Packer?

CBS already had support for building images (automated via Kickstart,
see the official repo), I just added support for CentOS 6. [2]

Regards,
Laurențiu

[1] https://github.com/CentOS/sig-cloud-instance-build/pull/34
[2] https://github.com/CentOS/sig-cloud-instance-build/tree/master/vagrant