[CentOS-devel] Vagrant CentOS 6 Boxes

Laurentiu Pancescu lpancescu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 07:41:13 UTC 2016

On 4/17/16 1:07 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 16/04/16 09:23, Laurentiu Pancescu wrote:
>> I would also like the sync folder to become the Vagrant default
> If we can find a good way to communicate this change to existing users,
> lets make the change.
>
> So, how would we communicate this ?

Perhaps we could announce a date for actually implementing this change,
2 to 3 months from now (not sure what a reasonable transition time would
be) - this should be enough time for people impacted by this change to
adjust their setups.  We could communicate this via an initial
announcement on the centos, centos-announce, and language-specific user
mailing lists, maybe followed by monthly reminders until the change
occurs.  And explicitly state this change in the release notes on Atlas.
  Maybe also a post on the Facebook group you mentioned on your blog?

Should we first ask on the CentOS user mailing lists for significant
objections from existing users?

> the underlaying concern is that anyone who has not set a custom path,
> would suddenly find everything broken, if they were to do a refresh on
> the new releases right ?

Yes, unfortunately.  Hopefully communicating this in advance will
minimize the impact.

Regards,
Laurențiu