[CentOS-devel] Interest in a SIG for logging and monitoring?

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Fri Apr 29 11:00:07 UTC 2016

On 29/04/16 00:28, Matthias Runge wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wonder, if there is more interest here for starting a logging and
> monitoring SIG. It should provide (as the name says) for logging and
> monitoring. With people running huge installations, it makes sense to
> have more centralized logging, but there's currently not that much in
> CentOS repositories.
>
> I could imagine to have both tools and also installation and
> configuration bits and pieces to be maintained by the SIG.
>
> Before I'd be putting out more details, about what I could imagine or
> what I would like to see, I would like to see some more interested folks
> raising their hands.
>
> Best,
> Matthias

Seems interesting !
Wondering if you're already targeting some known solutions for the
logging part at least.
For example the ELK stack is pretty known and (ab)used those days, but
proper packaging in .rpm format is still missing (and nothing even at
the Fedora level) so is that something you had in mind ?

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab