[CentOS-devel] test builds on private server (drivers, mesa, fixes)

Andreas Benzler andreas at benzlerweb.de
Sat Apr 30 08:31:56 UTC 2016

No Karnanbir,

not real. I my Test is it useable for default user not serverside, with
the benifit of long security fixes. Let me explain:

- OpenSuse 1 and 8 Month
- Ubuntu LTS 5 Year - server installation.

I compiled multimedia stuff, not install additional dvd player, because
that breaks software stand.

The driver section is the hardest point for enduser and the standard
kernel do not fit. Other people got different problems from 7.0 to 7.2

That's why  I got 4.4.8 I will name it into kernel-lts-4.4 + version
Upgraded intel and ati from opensource.

The laptop here runs well. A complete day without any crashes. Intel
Broadwell-U Graphic. And Video decode works too.

So mainstream... stuff

Another question do i break many things when I upgrade the
system-config .... groud level administration stuff?

Andy