[CentOS-devel] Problem installing golang.x86_64 with virt7-docker-common-candidate.

Jan Chaloupka

jchaloup at redhat.com
Fri Apr 1 23:41:10 UTC 2016

On 03/30/2016 10:34 PM, centos-devel wrote:
> First off- Thanks to all for reading and especially to Jan for
> responding so helpfully.
>
> So I realised that I could maybe make some progress by telling yum to
> ignore go version 1.5 from virt7-testing
> and just install the older 1.4 branch from extras.
>
> [root at vm139 admin]# yum --disablerepo base --disablerepo virt7-testing
> --skip-broken install golang
>
> Of course that just worked. :-)
>
> Having reread Jans first email again,
>
>>> godep go run make_secret.go -crt /tmp/nginx.crt -key /tmp/nginx.key >
>>> /tmp/secret.json
>>> godep: No Godeps found (or in any parent directory)
>>> make: *** [secret] Error 1
>> It says you are running godep in a directory where there is no Godeps
>> file. Once the binary is compiled, you don't need golang compiler.
> and read a bit more about godeps, I thought I would try without it to
> see if I could get past that error.
>
> So I just edited the Makefile:
> https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/blob/release-1.2/examples/https-nginx/Makefile
>
> to remove the call to godeps
> from:
> godep go run make_secret.go -crt $(CERT) -key $(KEY) > $(SECRET)

I have checked the godep command and yes, "godep go run" is really
supported command.
I don't know if godep is available on CentOS (I don't think so). As a
temporary solution, you can install godep built in Fedora [1].

Just run
$ rpm -Uvh
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/godep/27/4.fc25/x86_64/godep-27-4.fc25.x86_64.rpm
It should work. It will install the godep.

Lokesh, I believe Colin could just clone the Fedora's dist-git
repository and scratch build the master HEAD on centos's koji if the
rawhide built does not work.
Even though, Fedora's x86_64 builds shoud work on centos too, right?

[1] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=739673

> to:
> go run make_secret.go -crt $(CERT) -key $(KEY) > $(SECRET)
>
> But that just spews errors that go can't find the dependencies it needs.
>
> well, DUH! I suppose those are meant to be listed in the Godeps file
> that godeps is complaining that it cannot find.
>
> As I said - this is new to me as I have not (yet) programmed in go.
>
> What do other people think?
> Does anyone more knowlegable than me about Kubernetes or Go have any
> suggestions?

Are you playing with kubernetes just for fun or would you like to deploy
functional cluster for you use cases?