[CentOS-devel] Interest in a SIG for logging and monitoring?

Jonathan Billings

billings at negate.org
Fri Apr 29 13:03:21 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 01:00:07PM +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> Seems interesting !
> Wondering if you're already targeting some known solutions for the
> logging part at least.
> For example the ELK stack is pretty known and (ab)used those days, but
> proper packaging in .rpm format is still missing (and nothing even at
> the Fedora level) so is that something you had in mind ?

We're using elasticsearch and logstash packages that are provided by
packages.elastic.co, which work... but I'd love to see a more
orchastrated build environment.  Our Kibana interface is currently a
source build (I believe... I didn't build it) but I've been planning
on replacing it with the docker build anyway.