[CentOS-devel] Interest in a SIG for logging and monitoring?

Matthias Runge

mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Fri Apr 29 14:37:57 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 01:00:07PM +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> Seems interesting !
> Wondering if you're already targeting some known solutions for the
> logging part at least.
> For example the ELK stack is pretty known and (ab)used those days, but
> proper packaging in .rpm format is still missing (and nothing even at
> the Fedora level) so is that something you had in mind ?

Yes, that was basically, what I had in mind. Instead of logstash, I'd
be more looking at fluentd, but would love to ship elasticsearch and
kibana built from source.

For performance monitoring I was thinking of using collectd, graphite
and graphana. Sensu would be a good option for availability monitoring.

Elasticsearch is currently packaged in fedora, and some other tools are
already in place somewhere, but it would be good to collect it all
together and to provide a bit more content around them.

Matthias

--
Matthias Runge <mrunge at matthias-runge.de>