[CentOS-devel] Incorrect default governor on CentOS ppc64el builds

Murilo Opsfelder Araújo muriloo at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Aug 2 12:18:05 UTC 2016

On 07/25/2016 12:07 PM, Adi Gangidi wrote:
> Hey Murilo
>
> I think so too. Tuned is causing this. But I feel like this shouldn't be the case.
>
> It would seem like right thing to do is to ensure post-install out of box governor should be, what's being set in kernel config
> (on-demand).
>
> Best
> Adi

The tuned package is also installed by default on a RHEL 7.2 ppc64le
minimal installation:

# rpm -q tuned
tuned-2.5.1-4.el7_2.3.noarch

# rpm -q redhat-release-server
redhat-release-server-7.2-9.el7.ppc64le

I don't believe this is a bug with CentOS; it is just honoring what RHEL
installs by default.

Perhaps someone from Red Hat on the list can explain the rationale of
installing tuned by default.

--
Murilo