[CentOS-devel] Centos default installation missing "group plugdev"

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Sun Aug 28 11:41:49 UTC 2016

On 08/28/2016 11:57 AM, Andreas Benzler wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> from a clean installation the plugdev group is missing.
>
> Standard adb from android work out of the box. In the Recovery modus on
> my nexus 5x I can't make ota update without root.
>
> Today I fixed it my self
>
> getent group plugdev >/dev/null || groupadd -r plugdev
>
> The udev rules
>
> /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules
>
> must be include by hand. That's okay from my state.
>
> Sincerely
>
> Andy

Hello

     The group should have been created/added by adb at install time.
Since adb is not provided by CentOS, you will need to take this issue to
the support avenue for that package. I assume you use the EPEL package,
in which case you'd need to file a but at bugzilla.redhat.com.
     The same goes with the udev rules. I am sure that the maintainer of
the package will be glad if you provide a patch ( i.e. the file to include )

     Manuel