[CentOS-devel] Packaging the VirtualBox Guest Additions?

Laurentiu Pancescu

lpancescu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 07:32:50 UTC 2016

On 15/08/16 23:54, Jim Perrin wrote:
>> The alternative would be to package just the Guest Additions (which have
>> considerably fewer build dependencies), to be able to include them in
>> the Vagrant images. [...]
> This is something to look into, as I think it might be worthwhile. I'll
> work on chasing this down to make sure that we're okay license-wise if
> someone wants to take a crack at putting together a specfile/src.rpm for
> the build.

If the license is ok, I'd like to give it a try (unless someone more
experienced wants to do it - I might need occasional support).  We'll
probably need to distribute the entire VirtualBox source [1] as SRPM,
even if we just build the Guest Additions - they seem to at least
include header files living outside the src/VBox/Additions directory.

Regards,
Laurențiu

[1] https://www.virtualbox.org/browser/vbox/trunk