[CentOS-devel] [SIGS] nodejs in centos

Haïkel

hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Thu Aug 25 11:27:36 UTC 2016

> Hello,
>
> for opstools, we'll need nodejs in a repo, I've seen the Cloud SIG
> creating their version, PaaS has done the same (just illustrating, I may
> be wrong).
>
> This is mostly a mail to ask for interested persons to join or
> coordinate efforts here. No need to do the same work multiple times.
>

> What would be the best repository for cross-SIG dependencies?
>
> Matthias

I'm afraid there is none.
As Cloud SIG needed a lot of common python dependencies, I originally
offered to maintain those in a common
repositories (and why not collaborating with EPEL) but there was
little interest to do so.
We even separated the build tags (hence cloud7-openstack-common-*) to
make the transition easier.

I'm not keen on maintaining separately node.js but the only
alternative we had are SCLs and quite old.
Maybe we could work on a common layer SIG that could serve that role.

Regards,
H.