[CentOS-devel] Plans for SSO across centos.org subdomains?

Tue Aug 16 10:33:51 UTC 2016
Patrick Uiterwijk <puiterwijk at redhat.com>

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 9:49 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> On 16/08/16 10:30, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>> For existing resources within centos.org that we deployed before ACO was
>> available, those were configured to use their built-in users DB. So we
>> can invest time to see which are the possibilities to be tied to ACO but
>> it needs at least some glue, like for example token/oauth. Actually, ACO
>> on its own can't do that (nor is "ldap" compatible) so we need to setup
>> something in between (like what's done for the Fedora project) to do
>> that, like either ipsilon (https://ipsilon-project.org/) or keycloak
>> (http://www.keycloak.org/)
>
> prolly worth looking at keycloak once

Is there any reason why you're only mentioning Keycloak here?
Are there any features Ipsilon is missing that would rule it out for
you, or is there
some other reason?

Ipsilon would probably be a better choice for now given your account backend,
as Fabian already pointed out.