[CentOS-devel] [OpsTools] rubygem-fluent-plugin-rewrite-tag-filter

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Tue Dec 6 10:04:57 UTC 2016

On 06/12/16 09:41, Yedidyah Bar David wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to have rubygem-fluent-plugin-rewrite-tag-filter in the
> opstools sig repos.
>
> Not sure what exactly should be done for this.
>
> There are two github organizations, [1] and [2], and some packages
> forked between them.
>
> Seems like we have a repo per project. So we need a new project, right?
> In which organization? Who can/should handle this?
>
> I currently try to use a build I found in copr [3], and it seems to work.
> I checked the git repo [4] it was built from, and the spec file there is an
> unchanged output of gem2rpm. We can start with this, I didn't review it yet
> myself (and have zero experience with packaging ruby gems).
>
> Thanks and best regards,

Hello Didi,

First, we'd need to make sure, the package is acceptable (i.e. it's
licensed by an acceptable license). If the package is compatible with
Fedora guidelines, we're good.

The repository itself will be created on [5], and will be mirrored to
[2]. Once the package is included there, we can issue a build.

Matthias