[CentOS-devel] Fwd: Vagrant boxes (7.2.1511)

Laurentiu Pancescu lpancescu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 17:17:48 UTC 2016

On 14/12/16 16:57, Carlos Rodrigues wrote:
> (*) The point here is to be able to destroy a vagrant instance and
> safely recreate it sometime in the future (maybe the far future). This
> also means no mandatory system updates inside the VM to be able to
> build the guest additions.

You are already able to recreate any older instance of a box and it will
work perfectly, including networking and shared folders via NFS - just
not with the VirtualBox Guest Additions or if you have the vbguest
plugin installed.

Perhaps I should mention I don't use the GA myself - I never saw them
being worth the trouble, except for improved video performance on
desktop installations.  Maybe it just doesn't fit my use case, as they
seem to be quite popular with other users.

Best regards,
Laurențiu