[CentOS-devel] [altarch?] Naming scheme and lorax parameters for userland + non-distro kernel builds

Brian Stinson brian at bstinson.com
Wed Feb 3 13:24:47 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I'm working on putting some things together for a couple of the Intel
boards (Edison, Jaguarboard, etc.) and was wondering if there's a
standard way we should be naming things on the install media.

For the rpi2, we use 'CentOS Altarch 7 (1511) Userland for armhfp'

A lot of the Intel boards out there require a newer or otherwise
non-distro kernel so I was considering titling the install media like
this:

CentOS Altarch 7 (1511) Userland for x86_64

Not sure if the 'Altarch' bit applies because it's the standard x86_64
userland (no rebuilding needed).

Cheers!
--Brian