[CentOS-devel] Thanks for CentOS 7 ppc64!

James O'Connor jpoc at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Feb 17 17:35:55 UTC 2016

> On Feb 8, 2016, at 3:26 PM, James O'Connor <jpoc at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

>>> We will make the ppc (32-bit POWER7 big endian) rpms available sometime in
>>> January. Let me know if you get stuck building anything in the interim.
>>>

>> I've made some good progress building pieces with F19-Everything-ppc as the backing repo, but am wondering if there's any update on the 7.2.1511 RPM's for ppc?
>>

> ppc 32-bit has been simmering on the back burner. Let me spend some time this week pushing it forward again.

Just a quick update on c7 ppc (32-bit big endian). I’ve got most of the circular dependencies untangled up to the gnome/kde stack. I am now automating a rebuild of 7.2.1511 ppc using the rpms I built manually from the first phase. I will then fold some of the ppc rpms into the 7.2.1511 ppc64 repos and do some testing before they get signed and pushed to the mirrors.