[CentOS-devel] rebuilding packages for ppc

James O'Connor jpoc at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Feb 17 18:22:49 UTC 2016

> On Feb 16, 2016, at 11:54 PM, Bryson Lee <Bryson.Lee at sslmda.com> wrote:
>
> For mesa, the configure test for DRI3PROTO fails with dri3proto >= 1.0 not found.  The F19 ppc backing repo I’m using has packages for Mesa 9.x, whereas 7.2.1511  is at Mesa 10.x.  I’m guessing that some sort of manual intervention is needed to bootstrap across the major-version bump, but I haven’t been able to work out the sequence.

mesa is a more complicated endeavor as it has circular dependencies with mesa-libGL-devel and xorg-x11-server. But it sounds like you are pulling in Fedora 19 x11 library artifacts instead of building a clean CentOS x11 stack.

To rewind a bit, you basically use fedora 19 repos to build a minimal set of CentOS 7 ppc rpms. Then you turn off the Fedora 19 repos and attempt to build CentOS 7 ppc using only this minimal set of rpms. This leads to needing to unwind many painful circular dependencies but results in a much cleaner build with no Fedora library artifacts.

Here is the minimal set of CentOS 7.0.1406 ppc rpms I built with Fedora 19 backing

http://pastebin.centos.org/39881/

Everything else is built without Fedora 19 repo backing and the minimal set of CentOS rpms also gets rebuilt eventually.