[CentOS-devel] Audio production SIG

Tim lists at kiuni.de
Thu Feb 18 17:55:28 UTC 2016

Hey Lamar,

I packaged alsa-tools as it is but without hwmixvolume because this has a dependency to python-alsa which is not provided by centos-base or centos-updates.

Take a look here:
https://git.centos.org/blob/rpms!alsa-tools/4590a5d5a9399b097bf20e51442013335f5949c9/SPECS!alsa-tools.spec

Mudita seems to be based on envy24control which is part of alsa-tools.

I think packages should be devided into two groups:
1. System preparation and configuration:
Realtime kernel
Tuned profiles
Realtime related configuration files
2. Audio applications:
DAW software (Ardour, Rose garden,...)
Plugins
Midi stuff
Whatever...

BTW: It seems, no distribution has calf 0.0.60. Even Fedora has 0.0.19. And there nice improvements. :-)

Regards
Tim