[CentOS-devel] Koji and aarch64 update

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Tue Feb 23 13:10:13 UTC 2016

On 17/02/16 23:54, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 17/02/16 10:57, Thomas Oulevey wrote:
>> Dear All,
>
>> Following FOSDEM discussion, I owe an update on the koji
>> development for aarch64.
>
>> Thanks to Fabian, at this we have a builder configured and we
>> are able to build on specific targets for aarch64. I tested few
>> glusterfs builds to ensure all operations are working well and
>> no issue was found.
>
>> At this time we will support only new builds, it won't be
>> possible to rebuild an old NVR. A future koji update may help us
>> with this requirement. ("merge scratch build" feature seems
>> absent from latest release, I discussed it with Mike at Fosdem,
>> I'll send an update when I have more news).
>
>> In practice it means you will have to bump your release for
>> getting aarch64
>
>> The last missing bit for enabling aarch64 for SIGs is to have a
>> common URL for all arches.
>
>> In koji an external repository can be defined with a $arch
>> paramter in the url.
>
>> http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/os/$arch/
>
>> Unfortunately at this time we have not a single URL that
>> presents all $arch (previous link misses x86_64).
>
>> After discussing with the team, the easier way would be to add a
>>  x86_64 link (e.g : http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/os/x86_64
>>  pointing to http://mirror.centos.org/centos-7/7/os/x86_64/ )
>> for the internal koji mirror as it would solve all our issues.
>
> Or the reverse : as now you're using
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/os/$arch, we can probably create
> an Alias or RewriteRule in local httpd config for that internal
> mirror for aarch64/ppc64/ppc64le/armhfp
>

>> The pro is this solution will allow us to reconfigure koji once
>> and be compatible for all future arches.
>
>> The con is that mock configs generated by koji won't work for
>> external users.
>
>> Let me know if you have a better idea or some concerns.
>
>> As soon as we agree on a solution I'll be able to enable it for
>> the Storage SIG glusterfs targets as Niels De Vos "agreed" to be
>> our first user :)

Just to let everyone know the status for this : as discussed yesterday
during the CBS meeting, we've decided to implement some aliases for
altarch pointing to centos to only consume one baseurl that Koji/CBS
can use and just add the $arch to construct the full URL.
That means that (only internally for the builders !),
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/{os,updates,extras}/{aarch64,i386,ppc64,ppc64le}
can now be used in parallel to x86_64. Hopefully that will solve the
initial issue for the aarch64 builder that is already added in CBS,
and then (hopefully) some ppc64/ppc64le builders too.

Cheers,

- --
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab