[CentOS-devel] [altarch] multiarch docker images

Nuno Fernandes

npf-mlists at eurotux.com
Mon Feb 8 16:21:01 UTC 2016

On Saturday 30 January 2016 12:10:10 Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 28/01/16 11:58, Manfred Touron wrote:
> >> On 28 Jan 2016, at 09:13, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org
> >> <mailto:mail-lists at karan.org>> wrote:
> >> If you want, we can also just run the image builds for you - if you let
> >> us know what the specific requirements are - we already do that for many
> >> vendor clouds / vps setups etc
> >
> > Ok for me, basically I need the minimal amount of packages (base + yum),
> > no drivers, no kernel, no firmwares, no dts, nothing boot related.
> >
> > I need one image per supported architectures:
> > - x86_64
> > - i386
> > - aarch64
> > - armhfp
> > - ppc64
> >
> > Is this something possible ?
>
> yes.
>
> when you say minimal, does that still include cloud-init or how do users
> get access to the instances ( eg. over ssh etc ) when it runs ?

Hello,

I have created a centos 7 32 bits based docker image. You can find the docker
file and image build process in https://github.com/nunofernandes/docker-centos7-32bits

The kickstart is based on https://github.com/CentOS/sig-cloud-instance-build/tree/master/docker (removing systemdcontainer and i found that is not
necessary). Because the original kickstart doesn't include cloud-init package
i choose not to include it either.. If you think that it's a "plus" tell me
and i'll gladly add it.

Hope it helps to have an "oficial" centos 32 bits release.

Best regards,
Nuno Fernandes