[CentOS-devel] rebuilding packages for ppc

Bryson Lee

Bryson.Lee at sslmda.com
Wed Feb 17 05:54:55 UTC 2016

In order to get an in-house 32-bit ppc application running on CentOS 7, I've been rebuilding a number of SRPM's from 7.2.1511 on vault.centos.org.  I'm down to three packages (glibc, gcc, and mesa) needing rebuilds to resolve "Protected multilib" errors when installing the Yum group that defines my application's "platform".

Each of these three is failing to rebuild in different ways, so I'm looking for some pointers as to what I'm doing wrong.

For glibc, the failure is that rpmbuild finds a number of installed but unpackaged files in the buildroot under /usr/lib/debug.  I've tried setting a debuginfo-related macro in the mock.cfg, but I don't see that setting in the glibc mock.cfg on buildlogs.centos.org, so I think that might be a red herring.

For gcc, mock fails to set up the chroot because it can't find a package to provide /usr/lib64/libc.so (which is called out explicitly in a BuildRequires), even though the mock.cfg includes a repo containing glibc-devel.ppc64 and glibc.ppc64.

For mesa, the configure test for DRI3PROTO fails with dri3proto >= 1.0 not found.  The F19 ppc backing repo I'm using has packages for Mesa 9.x, whereas 7.2.1511  is at Mesa 10.x.  I'm guessing that some sort of manual intervention is needed to bootstrap across the major-version bump, but I haven't been able to work out the sequence.

I realize that ppc RPM's are in the cards, but I'm trying to do as much risk-reduction as I can due to an internal deadline.  Any hints as to what I'm missing on these three packages would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Bryson
This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and any attachments.