[CentOS-devel] [StorageSIG] ceph on centos6

daniel.vanderster at cern.ch

Wed Feb 24 18:51:55 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I've been directed here by ktdreyer in the ceph-devel irc. Today we learned that ceph hammer is no longer being built for centos6, so we won't be getting 0.94.6 or newer. AFAICT, it was dropped due to complications in their build system: https://github.com/ceph/ceph-build/commit/42c7cb3f412e9fc1f525a037f07697fc8cfe63ae

Would it make sense for the Storage-SIG to build hammer on centos6? Technically it should be doable -- but would you guys need some help getting this going?

Eventually (client only) builds of jewel on el6 would be really nice to have, but I don't yet know if that's even possible.

Cheers,

Dan van der Ster
CERN IT Storage Group
Ceph Community "Academic Liaison"