[CentOS-devel] A short introduction

Laurentiu Pancescu

lpancescu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 12:55:09 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

Could you perhaps use some help?  My name is Laurentiu, I'm based in
southwestern Germany, and I would like to help with the Vagrant images
from the CentOS Cloud Instance SIG.

A bit of background information: I started using Linux in 1997, with Red
Hat Linux 4.2, switched to Slackware 7.0 a few years later (due to
issues with gcc-2.96), then Debian from 2001 until about two years ago,
when I switched to Fedora.  Unfortunately, my experience with system
administration is limited to workstations and running standalone
(Debian) servers.  I'm more of a software developer: I was a graduate
teaching assistant at a University for a couple of years, followed by
around 9 years in R&D for an international corporation (where I worked
pretty much everywhere in code bases containing tens of millions of
lines of code - I spent more than half of the time writing C++ for a
couple of real-time operating systems, debugging hardware and turning on
boards and ASICs, the rest being Windows development and a bit of Perl
for the code generators and the release system), learning just enough
system administration to get stuff done.  Besides C++, I know Python, as
well as some Perl and Bourne shell scripting.

Best regards,
Laurentiu Pancescu