[CentOS-devel] release process for SIGs

Haïkel

hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Sun Feb 7 17:25:08 UTC 2016

> Hi,
>
> I'd like the centos-release-ceph-hammer rpm to be included in the
> extras (1) repository like the other centos-release-* packages.
>
> First things first: some of these centos-release* packages are tagged
> el7.centos and others el7.
> Niels told me el7.centos was the right tag and since this matches the
> build target name (core7-extras-common-el7.centos), el7.centos seems
> like the right target.
> Could I get confirmation that I should use el7.centos for centos-release-ceph-*?
>
> Then, the main problem is that packages in the extras repository
> should be built against core7-extras-common-el7.centos but I cannot
> use that build target (2).
>
> Is there an accepted way of doing this?
>
> Thanks,
> François
>
> (1) http://mirror.centos.org/centos-7/7.2.1511/extras/x86_64/Packages/
> (2) "ActionNotAllowed: tag requires build-core permission"
>      http://cbs.centos.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=66398

I think it's something that is decide at SIG level, we use for %dist
.el7 for Cloud SIG.
Though our primary target is CentOS, our packages are consumable by
all EL variants.

Moreover, I don't see the point of encoding origin in dist tag when
it's done (in a better fashion) at yum database level,
but that's a matter of taste.

Regards,
H.