[CentOS-devel] Curating containers

Bamacharan Kundu

bamachrn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 14:33:56 UTC 2016

Hi Vaclav,

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 6:53 PM, Vaclav Pavlin <vpavlin at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Bamacharan,
>
> I'd be careful with per commit builds in case of build from Dockerfile as
> it takes time and resources (presumably a lot of both) because we have to
> build in clean env and with --no-cache.

Why don't we take a layered based aproach, we can take the base image from
local system then build it, this will save lot of time? I saw multiple
dockerfiles for build,test,delivery which are intern the same image only.

> I am not sure what you mean by " built image would be deployed to
> openshift instance".

 I was saying about building the docker container images in openshift for
the build, test, delivery environments.

> My idea would be to go with the yaml files I saw in cccp-index and
> rtnpro's example repo as an UI right now - keep the code as little as
> possible. Hook it up to my example with some scripting, setup OpenShift and
> registry and try to get whole workflow working.

Yes, I was going through the same. I tried with building the example you
have put. I am going through the cccp-index and yaml file to add with the
example you have put.

I as a developer want to add a yaml file to my repo and submit my repo url
> somewhere, so that it gets rebuilt, tested and pushed to a given registry
> regularly (like 4 times a day for start). I also want to be notified about
> new build and test results.

Yes, this yaml will help to handle all the linking and container management
stuff.

Done:-) We can polish it later.

> Makes sense?
>
> Sure, going ahead with this.