[CentOS-devel] Curating containers

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Feb 24 01:42:24 UTC 2016

We had a call earlier today to try and bring the big picture together,
and it looks like we have the pieces coming together.

The public index to jenkins job process is complete, as well as an end
to end setup for the actual build, test and delivery part. The final
stage of the process : the container registry seems to also be coming
together. The plan now is to try and get the pieces together and chain
it into an end to end service running from DevCloud and start consuming
some user-stories / build runs. As we migrate pieces into a production
environ, this setup in the devcloud can become our test/dev/pre-prod
staging environ.

Here is what we are doing for the next target:

Vasek: to find a few Dockerfiles we can push through, ideally a few
different kinds, to also include atleast one nulecule app.

Ratnadeep/Praveen: to setup the jenkins, jjb, cccp-index process ( and
provide a template ( .yml ? ) that would go into the user-git-repos ),
also own the trigger piece for the build process that Bama Charan is
working on.

Bama Charan: Setup a openshift instance that can build, do some test (
even if the test at this point is 1+1=2), and do a delivery.

Zeeshan: to setup a docker registry for the internal push. Initially he
will quickly do a docker upstream registry on a machine, but then
replace with pupl/crane asap. As a next step, containerise and run the
pulp/crane stack from containers built in the pipeline.

KB: try and keep the conversation going, make sure infra is available,
ensure the user story lines up with delivery

We aim to have this done for the week starting Mon 29th Feb.

As the PaaS SIG comes up, we will try and align ourselves into that
group, and try to consume the openshift codebase curated in that group.

regards

--
Karanbir Singh