[CentOS-devel] Cloud images: what's current / release notes / hashes?

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Feb 26 16:14:15 UTC 2016

On 26/02/16 15:42, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> CentOS is a community project and we have lots of external, NON-CentOS
> mirrors for several items.  While that is NOT currently happening for
> cloud.centos.org, it very well could in the future.  At that point, we
> lose control over the setup of the machines, etc.  That is the whole
> purpose of signing RPMs and signing the shasum files .. so you can
> verify them regardless of the mirror.

so, maybe a script or some details on how one can get the keys from
www.centos.org/keys ? and have the script itself hosted behind https on
the keys page ?

w.r.t the images/ i dont think we should add the non versioned files to
the sha sum's - since that will constantly be changing, atleast once a
month. It might be better to have a README file in that dir that shows
up when someone looks at the dir listing, and have that explain the setup ?

--
Karanbir Singh