[CentOS-devel] release process for SIGs

Sat Feb 6 15:54:43 UTC 2016
François Cami <fcami at fedoraproject.org>

Hi,

I'd like the centos-release-ceph-hammer rpm to be included in the
extras (1) repository like the other centos-release-* packages.

First things first: some of these centos-release* packages are tagged
el7.centos and others el7.
Niels told me el7.centos was the right tag and since this matches the
build target name (core7-extras-common-el7.centos), el7.centos seems
like the right target.
Could I get confirmation that I should use el7.centos for centos-release-ceph-*?

Then, the main problem is that packages in the extras repository
should be built against core7-extras-common-el7.centos but I cannot
use that build target (2).

Is there an accepted way of doing this?

Thanks,
François

(1) http://mirror.centos.org/centos-7/7.2.1511/extras/x86_64/Packages/
(2) "ActionNotAllowed: tag requires build-core permission"
     http://cbs.centos.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=66398