[CentOS-devel] Building powerpc-utils from git.centos.org

Vit Ry frodox at zoho.com
Thu Jan 21 12:35:33 UTC 2016

Hi all.

I am trying to build powerpc-utils[1] on ppc64, but build fails with error:

checking whether the linker accepts -pie... yes
checking that generated files are newer than configure... done
configure: creating ./config.status
 /bin/sh ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating powerpc-utils.spec
Makefile:864: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.
RPM build errors:

as I investigate, the reason is     SOURCES / powerpc-utils-1.2.15-man.patch [2]
with line

+    man/lsprop.8:q \

I propose to fix it like s/lsprop.8:q/lsprop.8/

[1]: https://git.centos.org/summary/rpms!powerpc-utils
[2]: https://git.centos.org/blob/rpms!powerpc-utils/262646878310d3ffa9acd72b995f14aa490cfdeb/SOURCES!powerpc-utils-1.2.15-man.patch#L13

---
Regards,