[CentOS-devel] Alternative to systemd user instance on CentOS 7 / RHEL 7?

john tatt zikamev at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 28 19:22:27 UTC 2016

Hi
Maybe am I wrong
but I don't see what this question has to do in a devel list ?
It should be asked in the users forum ou centos-list no ?

      De : Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com>
 Envoyé le : Jeudi 28 janvier 2016 14h44
 Objet : Re: [CentOS-devel] Alternative to systemd user instance on CentOS 7 / RHEL 7?

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 3:19 AM, Tadej Janež <tadej.j at nez.si> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Tue, 2016-01-05 at 13:13 +0100, Tadej Janež wrote:
>>
>> So, my question now is what would be an alternative to systemd user
>> instance (i.e. a mechanism for users to configure, manage and control
>> their services) on CentOS 7?
>
> Does anyone have any pointers/suggestions?
>
> (For those not following the thread, the backgroud is here:
> https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=8767)
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> Tadej

There are dozens of old ones, but that is looking for users to be able
to activate the service. What's wrong with "sudo", and activating
credentials for that specific user to start or manage that specific
daemon in /etc/suders.d/{username} ?