[CentOS-devel] Is it possible to ran CentOS 7.2 ppc64 on PowerVM

Bryson Lee Bryson.Lee at sslmda.com
Sat Jan 30 20:13:43 UTC 2016

Hi Vit,

We have 7.2 ppc64 running on an IBM 812L under PowerVM.

The initrd size limit AFAIK is a yaboot limitation for TFTP netboot rather than something related to PowerVM, so you have to use grub2 for the netboot instead.

IBM has a DeveloperWorks wiki page with a recipe for doing this:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/W51a7ffcf4dfd_4b40_9d82_446ebc23c550/page/Netbooting%20on%20POWER%20-%20An%20Introduction

Regards,

-Bryson
 This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and any attachments.