[CentOS-devel] CentOS Upgrade Tool

Gianluca Cecchi

gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 11:52:09 UTC 2016

Il 06/Gen/2016 11:27, "Bruno Martins" <bruno.martins at rumos.pt> ha scritto:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I hope this is the best place to post this question.
>
> I was wondering how can one upgrade from CentOS 6.7 to CentOS 7.x using
redhat-upgrade-tool-cli in a scenario where you're upgrading an Hyper-V
based VM.

--instrepo=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/os/x86_64
> setting up repos...
> Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://updates.atomicorp.com/channels/mirrorlist/atomic/centos-7.0-x86_64
error was
http://updates.atomicorp.com/channels/mirrorlist/atomic-testing/centos-7.0-x86_64
error was
> 14: PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found"
> YumRepo Error: All mirror URLs are not using ftp, http[s] or file.
>  Eg. 7.0 is not a valid and current release or hasnt been released yet/
> removing mirrorlist with no valid mirrors:
/var/tmp/system-upgrade/base/mirrorlist.txt
> YumRepo Error: All mirror URLs are not using ftp, http[s] or file.
>  Eg. 7.0 is not a valid and current release or hasnt been released yet/
> removing mirrorlist with no valid mirrors:
/var/tmp/system-upgrade/extras/mirrorlist.txt
> YumRepo Error: All mirror URLs are not using ftp, http[s] or file.
>  Eg. 7.0 is not a valid and current release or hasnt been released yet/
> removing mirrorlist with no valid mirrors:
/var/tmp/system-upgrade/updates/mirrorlist.txt
> No upgrade available for the following repos: atomic atomic-testing base
extras updates
> .treeinfo
                                                                        |
1.1 kB     00:00
> preupgrade-assistant risk check found EXTREME risks for this upgrade.
> Run preupg --riskcheck --verbose to view these risks.
> Continuing with this upgrade is not recommended.
>
> And this is the reason for the risk:
>
> [root at apssopenvas /]# preupg --riskcheck --verbose
> INPLACERISK: EXTREME: This machine seems to run on a Microsoft hypervisor.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bruno Martins

Hello,
I'm not an expert, but did you follow this link?
https://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/CentOSUpgradeTool
Because for CentOS I see that the command name begins with centos and not
redhat.
Also, the main error seems related to "not found" and indeed the mirrorlist
path with "7.0" doesn't exist.
But it does exist instead the path with
http://updates.atomicorp.com/channels/mirrorlist/atomic/centos-7-x86_64
Perhaps a "yum clean all" and then follow the tips page could also resolve
the repo mismatch problem.
For the hypervisor problem I think it depends on the fact that cpuinfo is
that of the hypervisor itself and not a real problem. Just my opinion.
Hih,
Gianluca