[CentOS-devel] CentOS Upgrade Tool

Peter

peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Tue Jan 12 08:47:59 UTC 2016

On 12/01/16 21:20, Ulrich Leodolter wrote:
> I have upgraded a couple of C6 machines last weeks, it works much better
> with 7.2 now, at least the system boots and ssh works :)
>
> The grep issue can be fixed after upgrade very simply:
>
> $ yum downgrade grep

First off I *do not* support the use of the upgrade tool under any
circumstances, just in case I haven't made my position clear in the
past.  That said, you'll probably do a more thorough job of fixing all
the mistakes made by the upgrade too if you follow it up with:

yum distro-sync

This should fix grep and any other package that is still left on the el6
version.

Peter