[CentOS-devel] [Arm-dev] next steps for altarch with ceph and openstack

Marcin Juszkiewicz

marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org
Tue Jul 5 15:49:03 UTC 2016

W dniu 05.07.2016 o 16:28, Jim Perrin pisze:
> With the work that Marcin has done for openstack on aarch64, as well
> as the ceph builds, we need to begin working a plan for publishing
> these builds to a mirror. I'd like to identify the steps needed, and
> the ownership for those steps.
>
> Thomas please correct/update these as needed

Added few people to Cc: from pre-RH summit threads.

> 1. new tag in cbs for aarch64 build, with modified dist for mitaka.
> Will ceph need this as well?

> 2. If we wish to re-use the centos-release-openstack-mitaka noarch,
> dependencies of centos-release-ceph-hammer, centos-release-qemu-ev,
> centos-release-storage-common, and centos-release-virt-common need
> to be addressed.

It would be good to populate all those repositories. I opened bugs for
all tags:

https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=11084 (openstack)
https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=11085 (ceph)
https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=11086 (virt/kvm-common)

I looked at requirements of OpenStack Mitaka packages and turns out
that none of them require ceph. But I could be wrong.

The only requirement is from centos-release-openstack-mitaka one which
depends on centos-release-ceph one.

> Alternately we could create a
> centos-release-openstack-mitaka-experimental for now if it can work
> stand-alone.

> 3. Mirror locations on buildlogs and mirrors need to be created and
> tested.

> Possible adjustments to existing -release files due to the /altarch/
> vs centos path differences.

centos-release-* files would need changes to cover altarch paths.