[CentOS-devel] ConfigMgmt SIG Status

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Tue Jul 12 06:36:58 UTC 2016

On 23/06/16 09:17, Julien Pivotto wrote:
> On 22 Jun 21:00, Ben Hosmer wrote:
>> I'm having a hard time getting my bearings. Where can I help out?
>

> Hello Ben,
>
> The current status of the SIG is the following:
>
> 1. Puppet and Ansible: we do have built tags on CBS, which means that we
> can start building RPM packages.
>

> 2. Salt, Rudder, Chef: No build tags have been asked. Please fill a ticket
> on bugs.centos.org to get the tags for your project.
>
> 3. Any member of the sig can create git repositories on
> https://github.com/centos-sig-configmanagement
>

> I will have some time tomorrow to work on all of this.

Just trying to resurrect that thread :-)

We have a new OpsTools SIG (see
http://www.karan.org/blog/2016/07/11/welcoming-the-opstool-sig/) that
will probably depend on pkgs coming from configmgmt SIG soon, so we
should build those pkgs in our tags, and then they'll be able to
tag/import those builds in their repositories

The tags in CBS/Koji are indeed created for Puppet and Ansible (see
https://cbs.centos.org/koji/search?match=glob&type=tag&terms=config*)
but it seems nobody tried to build a pkg (yet).
What is needed to start building pkgs through cbs ?

People representing the Salt/Rudder/Chef communities can create a bug
report like this one : https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=10604 to also
have their tags created.

I'd like at least to have feedback from everybody in the SIG to confirm
that their cbs access works fine (so basically `cbs moshimoshi` at
minimum) (see https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CommunityBuildSystem)

If a member listed on
https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/ConfigManagementSIG has
trouble accessing CBS/Koji, or troubles with his ACO
(https://accounts.centos.org), feel free to reach Julien or me to help you.

As a reminder, the ConfigMgmt SIG has actually no irc meeting, as it
seems it was impossible to find a common time slot that suited
everybody. So we have then to use intensively the centos-devel list for
this.

Let us know how we can help you

--
Fabian Arrotin