[CentOS-devel] Question about authoritative SIG for specific pkg[s] (wrt ConfigMgmt SIG)

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 15 19:42:00 UTC 2016

> Well, AFAIK (but Julien would be able to comment/answer on that topic)
> the SCLs would be used for puppet4. (and I even think that the target is
> puppet4, so not building puppet 3.x anymore)

Actually puppet4 does not require SCL, currently the biggest issue we
have is facter3.
It has been rewritten in C++ and relies on much recent Boost than
available in BaseOS, since Boost is critical dependency, we need a
//-installable variant. As it's a large package, it needs to be
properly reviewed by someone else.
(If anyone is interested, please ping me)